Monday, March 28, 2016

Rustic White Bread Flour Blend

I've been using the Gluten-free Bread Flour Blend for years, but I recently developed a "whiter" flour blend that gives the bread a bit more rise, a lighter color, and a lighter crumb.  I get the most compliments on my bread made from this flour.  This flour blend is lower in whole grains and higher in starches, but it's not completely without whole grains so it has a rustic country-style look to the finished product.

This flour blend can be used interchangeably with the original Gluten-free Bread Flour Blend.

Rustic White Bread Flour Blend Recipe


Blend together thoroughly:

150g Tapioca Flour
150g Potato Starch
100g Sorghum Flour
50g Millet Flour

For a binder, mix with the liquids either:

20g ground psyllium husk

- OR-

28g whole psyllium husk

4 comments:

Eric Cerda said...

I recently made a few baguettes and a boule with this new blend and it indeed is fantastic! Thanks for sharing! I like the taste a lot, and I did get some great rise.

Gina Kelley said...

I'm glad you're liking this flour blend! I use it almost exclusively now. It makes a much fluffier bread. The first time she tried it, my mom said it was the best gluten-free bread she'd ever tasted! It's good to hear that it's working for other people, too.

Robert Brown said...

Great information! I’ve been looking for something like Gluten-free for a while now. Thanks!

Erica Stephenson said...

I am wondering if it is possible to use these or any other GF/paleo combinations in a Bread Machine? I haven't experimented much and wonder if anyone else has.